Duck, duck, goose!

It was just like any other afternoon. The boys got off the bus, waited for the bus driver to give the thumbs up sign so they could cross the road, and then they ran happily down the driveway, grateful to be home at last.

Only today, Jeffrey didn't come skipping into the house like his brothers because sadly, he had tripped and fallen outside.

"Oh, mom," Chris told me casually after he had been inside for a minute or so, "Jeffrey fell down outside."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's outside, lying in the driveway."

I open the garage door and go outside just as the nice man who happened to see Jeffrey flying and then falling, came running down the driveway. When Jeffrey didn't get up, you see, the guy actually turned his car around, parked, and came to Jeffrey's aid. Wasn't that nice of him?

So there was Jeffrey, lying there, in tears, waiting to be rescued. Of course, I would have gotten to him sooner if Chris or Joey had informed me sooner that he had fallen. It was barely an afterthought that Chris even remembered to tell me.

Apparently they didn't take Jeffrey too seriously, not even our neighbor who stated, "Well, at least it blends in with his hair."

Hmm, and what are you still doing over here anyway, Billy?

So, let me show you Jeffrey's bump. Because I like to share like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment