Ingredients to a successful getaway

I left my house this morning at 8:40 to drive the less than 2 miles it takes to get from there to work.

I got to work at 9:50.

Here is why:


Do you see that orange flag? That is about the spot where my non-4WD vehicle tends to get stuck ascending the driveway to the street. And we had a few flurries this morning to add to the already tons of snow. It wasn't enough snow this time to warrant the need to break out the well broken in snow blower, and not enough to necessitate the use of a shovel if you had AWD. But for me, with my mere 4WD van, the coating was not enough to give me traction, but enough to merely spin the tires, getting nowhere fast.

So I backed up, put the van in park, and reluctantly went for the shovel and began clearing the driveway. After that, you would think I would be set to go, but not with this driveway, no sir. A little sand, and then I'd be on my way.

Oh, but wait. The 20-gallon barrel was empty of salted sand. So stuck, I still was.

As luck would have it, just yesterday, I purchased some new bath mats and had put the old ones in the laundry room to be washed and put away. Apparently, their intended use would no longer be for bathroom decor, because I decided they would have to improvise for the traction I needed to get out of my driveway.

Success!

Down the road I drove with the red gas tank to fill up with gasoline needed for the next storm due tomorrow. But before that, I made a stop to one of the many blue sand barrels around town and filled up mine quite generously. To ensure it would not topple over, I strapped her in until I would get home later in the afternoon to deliver to the side of the garage.



















I got to work at 9:50 AM. And I'm so ready for this week's storm. We get them weekly now, you know. Sometimes even daily.

2 comments:

  1. Well... look at the bright side... the road to work made for a beautiful photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, I hope you visit mine and become a follower, I look forward to seeing you there.www.momzblotter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete