The $300+ frog

You probably think I'm going to tell you about another broken bone, but I'm not. Today's story is about the traumatic death of a tooth. Tommy's, to be more specific. And the hard head of his friend. Sadly, they happened to collide unexpectedly - because the frog they were looking at jumped, startling Tommy's friend, causing him to jump back himself, right into Tommy, whose upper front tooth took the brunt of the collision so much that the tooth's nerves were severely impacted. Tommy is a pretty tough kid and not much gets to him. But when I went to pick him up and was told he had actually cried, I knew he needed to follow up with the dentist. Despite his objections and insistence the next day that it was fine, I took him in to have the tooth x-rayed. That, along with him failing the "Cold Test", confirmed my suspicion that the tooth was, in fact, dead. Thankfully, the dentist had time to perform a root canal then, and $300 later, we are hopeful it was treated in time to avoid further expenses. That $300 is our portion of the procedure, or at least the estimate. It will probably be even more. Time will tell. Stupid frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment