Beach Day!

I almost overslept this morning. I remember having a very strange dream about going on a job interview. But I managed to get up in time to get the boys off to school. And then I got ready to go to the beach for the day.

That's right, you heard me. I went to the beach. Alone. While the boys went to school. And it was as wonderful as I imagined it would be, except for when I had to leave at 2:30 so I would be home in time for the younger boys to get off the bus. But it was still way worth it. I never thought I would get a suntan on September 1.

Yes, I strategically timed my departure so I would still have time to pick up Cristy's pizza at Salisbury Center. Then I zoomed home and rushed around to pick up the two older boys from soccer practice and then get the oldest to his team soccer practice and then get to the 4th grade parent meeting at the school and then get back to the soccer fields to pick up the oldest, whose coach decided the extra 20 minutes and playing in the dark was going to benefit their games at the tournament this weekend. I finally got back home just after 8 PM.

I only got one slice of Cristy's pizza, but it was still worth the perfect day I had, lying at the beach and soaking up the last bit of summer sun.

I wonder if I was dreaming about work because I knew I was going to the beach and it was subconscious guilt because I wasn't going to work?

Probably not.


No comments:

Post a Comment