Irene's Scene

Today I went to the store to buy some flashlights and D batteries. They were all out of flashlights. And of course, there was not a single pack of D batteries to be found. That's what I get for procrastinating. I do have lighters and candles, though. So there will be light, come hell or high water. And in this case, it is actually high water that will prompt the need.

The boys' first day back to school was supposed to be Monday, August 28. But yesterday, the superintendent went ahead and canceled the first day because Irene is visiting us tomorrow. This summer isn't even over and next summer has probably already been shortened with us already losing regular school days. It's not enough that we will surely have snow days this year; now we get to add hurricane days. On the plus side, we only got to to the beach 1 day this summer, but Monday is supposed to be a beautiful day and Irene will have long since moved on, so it just may be a spontaneous beach day for us. If anything, it will be worth going to check out the waves that will surely be high.

In other tidbit news, Tommy and Chris both tried out and made a middle school soccer team respectively. Tommy will play on the L team and Chris will play on the M team. They will have practices and games after school every day and then we will rush to their practices for their club teams and I will probably be on more than one soccer field both Saturdays and Sundays watching them play. We like soccer. A lot.

It's raining out right now. That's because Irene is knocking at the door. Eventually she will get really mad and start making some noise and disrupt our sleep. And we might lose power but that's okay because I have my candles ready.

I didn't know what title to use for this posting so I copied the blog title of a friend of mine. Because I'm sure you are wondering where the title came from and I know you care. You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment